4-H fairs serve multiple purposes. First and foremost they give 4-H members the opportunity to exhibit the knowledge and skills that they have developed in their 4-H project area(s), whether that is a 4-Her showing a dog or exhibiting his or her best photographs. The 4-H fair is the culmination of the year and an opportunity for members to showcase their work and accomplishments.
These fairs also offer the opportunity to educate the public about 4-H and offer all the chance to get involved. The 4-H Fair is a popular venue for families across the Commonwealth in the summertime.
Maker classes coming in 2015 to the 4-H Fair
Massachusetts 4-H Wants you to be a Maker. Classes coming soon! may vary due to space so check your local fair book.
2015 4-H Fairs
- July 25; Hampden County 4-H Fair, Eastern States Expostion Fairgrounds, W. Springfield
- July 20 - 26; Barnstable 4-H at Barnstable County Fair, Barnstable County Fairgrounds, Falmouth
- August 8; Hampshire County 4-H Fair, Cummington Fairgrounds, Cummington
- August 15; Berkshire County 4-H Fair, Pittsfield
- August 22 - 30; Plymouth County 4-H at the Marshfield Fair, Marshfield
- August 28 - 30; Middlesex County 4-H Fair, Westford
- August 29 & 30; 2014 Worcester County 4-H Fair, Camp Marshall, Spencer
- September 5 & 6; East Middleboro 4-H Fair, E. Middleboro
- September 18 - October 4; 4-H at Eastern States Exposition, West Springfield
- October 2 - October 12; 4-H at Topsfield Fair, Topsfield
Directions to 4-H Fairs
East Middleboro 4-H Fair, 183 Thompson St., Route 105, Middleboro, MA, 02346.
Take Rt. 495 to exit 6. Take Rt. 44 east toward Middleboro/Plymouth. Enter the roundabout and continue on Rt. 44 east for about 4 miles. Turn left
Hampshire County 4-H Fair, Cummington Fairgrounds, 97 Fairgrounds Rd., Cummington, MA, 01026.
Cummington Fairgrounds is located one mile south of Route 9 in the center of Cummington, 20 miles west of Northampton and 22 miles east of Pittsfield.
Hampden County 4-H Fair, Eastern State Exposition Fairgrounds, 1305 Memorial Avenue (Rt. 147), W. Springfield, MA, 01089; 413-737-2443.
From points east:
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike westbound to exit 4, to Rt. 5 south, to Rt. 147 west. Continue approximately ¾ mile to the Big E Gate 9 parking lot.
From points west:
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike eastbound to exit 4, to Rt. 5 south, to Rt. 147 west. Continue approximately ¾ mile to the Big E Gate 9 parking lot.
From points north:
Take I-91 south to exit 13B, to Rt. 5 south, to Rt. 147 west; Continue approximately ¾ mile to the Big E Gate 9 parking lot.
Marshfield Fair, Rt. 3A, Marshfield, MA, 02050; 781-834-6629.
From the west:
Take Rt. 95 south to Rt. 93 north to Rt. 3 south to exit 12. Turn right at the lights (east on Rt. 139), at the 4th set of lights (2.7 miles) turn left onto Rt. 3A north. The Marshfield Fair is one block on the right.
From the north:
Take Rt. 93 south to Rt. 3 south, to exit 12. Turn right at the lights (east on Rt. 139), at the 4th set of lights (2.7 miles) turn left onto Rt. 3A north. The Marshfield Fair is on block on the right.
From the south:
Take Rt. 95 north to Rt. 93 north and follow direction from that point under “from the west.”